Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 15, 2012

National Adoption Month


People always think foster care produces bad children. There are some beautiful children waiting to be loved and cared for. I'm one of the blessed ones! Brianna A. Horne came into my life August 2004. When I encountered this little girl I wondered how does she feel, what are her hopes and dreams. I was so excited about meeting her and my heart was filled when I finally laid eyes on her. 

We spend a couple of weekends together, then I knew..........I didn't want to wait another weekend to see her, then I knew we can't be apart and I sealed the deal on paper. I wanted her to be around and apart of my life forever. Then October 2004, that little girl became apart of my household. 

Still excited but nervous, I wouldn’t make a good mom or didn't know what I was about to embark on. On the first day of her moving in she asked, "can I call you mommy" in my heart I was like OMG!! I told her yes! Our lives at that point were forever changed. 

Our journey hasn't been all peaches and cream but with the assistance of the village and the guidance and grace of God, we make it.

June 2007, it was OFFICIAL! This little girl became BRIANNA ANTOINETTE KINDER ..........She was my daughter in my heart back in August 2004. I'm so blessed to have her and our lives are so rich because we have one another. Brianna, mommy loves you so much and I thank God for you every day. And I'm especially grateful to your birthmom.

It's National adoption month, a child can make a world of difference in a person's life!!







No comments:

Post a Comment